Nancy Chen is an email marketer, boxing instructor, wellness blogger, and mental health advocate. Her past struggles with mental health, digestive issues, and disordered eating led her to a Paleo lifestyle, and she's now the smiling face behind Approaching Paleo, a blog intended to empower people to take their health into their own hands.
"I started my blog (while in recovery) to show that food can heal. I think it's an interesting topic... that something I was so scared of turned out to be something that not only healed my body, but healed my mind."
In this episode:
- what it was like for Nancy to share her eating disorder story online for the first time
- why she started her blog Approaching Paleo
- how she grew a community of over 12,000 followers and readers
- we discuss the responsibility of being a mental health advocate on instagram
- Nancy explains the basics (and misconceptions) around living a Paleo lifestyle
- how she balances blogging, her day job, instructing, and self-care
- we share our love for avocado!!!
I like to be busy... I'm a planner... I schedule things out to a tee. But I also schedule time in for myself.