Merchant Success Leader at Shopify Plus and CEO/Tea Sommelier behind Tease Tea, Sheena believes “however you feel, there is always a tea for that.” Tease Tea was built on a dream and vision to create modern tea blends for every desire while supporting organizations dedicated to women’s empowerment around the world. With customers in over 30 countries, Sheena turned her side hustle into a thriving femme-pire one sip at a time.
"How do I balance it all? I'm very intentional with my time, and that's not an easy skill. It's like that old quote, 'they say how long it takes you to do something is how long you give yourself.'"
In this Episode:
- Sheena shares how she went from hostess to operating a restaurant with 180 employees
- why the hospitality industry was so bad for her mental health
- why she became a tea sommelier (despite not even being a tea drinker at the time)
- how she grew her side hustle after being fired, dumped, and left with nothing
- why she hasn't quit her current 9-5 to manage Tease Tea full-time
- Sheena shares some of her tea suggestions to replace coffee and help you de-stress
- how being a new mom has affected her mental health and self-care
- why she swears by matcha shots and blow outs
"Vulnerability is really a virtue. It's okay if you don't have your shit figured out, and it's okay to share that."