Allie and Sam (known as @allieandsam on Instagram) are a femme lesbian couple that have become LGBTQ influencers by authentically sharing their relationship online. With over 45,000 followers they're empowering young people to simply be themselves. You can usually find them behind a camera, snuggling their dog Lily and cat Ferguson, drinking coffee, or adventuring around the globe.
“One of the things about being gay - especially being femme, where people wouldn’t just guess that we’re gay - is that you’re coming out every day."
In this episode:
- Allie and Sam share the story of how they met
- they describe their first date
- why they chose to share their relationship with the internet
- on coming out, and being accepted as a lesbian couple that doesn’t look “stereotypically gay”
- Allie and Sam share their advice for anyone struggling with their identity, or their mental health
- how they took the leap into entrepreneurship
- their self-care routines
“When it comes to struggling with your identity - you don’t have to label yourself if you don’t want to. You don’t have to put yourself in a box. It’s okay to be confused about who you are. "